The Info You’re After
1. They are natural & non-toxic. Soy wax is made from vegetable oil (soybeans) whereas parraffin wax is made from petroleum oil. Some soy candles are blended with other wax, but ours are 100% soy. Soy wax candles don't contribute to the CO2 in the air like paraffin candles do. Soy wax is significantly healthier for humans, animals & the environment. We also use cotton-core wicks - versus the standard zinc core. 🌎
2. They burn cleaner - both in the atmosphere & the air! Soy does not produce near as much black soot.
3. They last longer. Soy candles last 30%-50% longer. That can be twice the candle! Even though soy candles tend to be more expensive than paraffin, they are more cost-effective in the long run AND they are quality ingredients, after all!
4. They burn evenly. Soy candles burn evenly (as long as they are on a flat surface), which means they don't leave any excess wax on the sides of the jar.
5. They are easy to clean up. Accidents happen - all you need is soap & water!
6. Their creation supports North American farmers. 🚜 Supporting North American farmers in this growth of sustainable soy crops is SO important. The soy wax used in our candles is 100% North American grown. The best soybeans come from the richest soil, & the richest soil is in America's Midwest. That is why the wax in our candles are simply the richest, most consistent soy wax in the world. The wax we use is an authorized wax of "American Soy Organics".
7. Soy is sustainable. Soy wax is a sustainable source that is not taxing on the planet & is completely renewable. Every part of the plant can be used from the seeds/beans for us to eat or make food with, to the husks for animals, to the oil for cooking!